Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The oldest UFO

So, way back in July of 2007, I started the Lady Eleanor Stole....and then I packed it up and moved to DC. In my new home, I unpacked it, but threw it in my UFO box because I had somehow lost my passion for entrelac. Well, thanks to the Ravelympics, I picked up an finished Lady Elenaor. Isn't she beautiful.
So project details
Lady Eleanor stole from Scarf Style
Noro Silk Garden colorway 247
Size 8 needles

There has been other knitting in between nursing visits and trips to the doctor.

First a generic hat that I improvised a pattern for that is for one of the people who rushed out of their apartment to help me when I fell on the ice and lay there in the slush.

Next is the Baroness Beret in Miss Babs Merino/Bamboo yarn. It's more of a heathered purple pink than you see in the picture. For the second neighbor who came to my aid. They're a couple and have been super nice in my recovery.
And finally, the a pair of socks that I finished in the hospital. These will go to a good friend who needs a pick me up.
Since I had such luck finishing a very old UFO, I've picked up another one. I'm working on a Clapotis that I started in November of 2007. :-)
On the health report, got the PIC line out and have transitioned from IV antibiotics to oral antibiotics. Still have the wound vac and still can't put any weight on the ankle. Also started physical therapy this week, which while helping, is at times painful.


3 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Laurie said…

    Your Lady Eleanor is beautiful! I have some yarn set aside for this one...concerned about the fringe though. I'm not a big fringe person, but it does seem to be the icing on the cake for this shawl. Still pondering...

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I remember see that WIP...absolutely beautifully finished! I love your other projects, too! I also think it's funny that you took the pictures right next to your "Your Leave of Absence guide"... :) Is there anything in there about knitting?? Good luck with the PT and I hope it helps!!

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Jenn said…

    The Lady, she is beautiful! You've done quite a bit of goodwill knitting lately. That has to score some karma points!

    Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery..you'll be up and goin' in no time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home