Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Well, yesterday, we had the unexpected please of a snow storm...I say unexpected because I didn't believe the weatherman. So, since it looked like this all day, I changed my plans from movie and shopping...
...to knitting, spinning and napping...

First up, I finished the Meret Beret. I love it. The yarn is Miss Babs Wool/Bamboo that I bought at Stitches Midwest.
Next up was plying the Cranberry colored merino that I bought from Ellen's Half-pint farm at Stitches Midwest. The yarn is fabulous and oh, so squishy. Still need to work on eveness and I have some little tags of overspun yarn hanging, but all in all I think it looks great for only my 4th go at the spinning wheel. It's about 410 yds from 8 oz.

For those keeping track - I've now used 3 skeins of yarn and 12 of the 20 oz of roving I bought at Stitches Midwest. It's got to be a records of usage within the first year...and it's only been 5 months. I must be getting better at picking yarn I'll use.

On Sunday, I went to the movies, to Target (a mistake) and then knitting later in the afternoon, where I finished a scarf out of Wolle's cotton color changing yarn. I love it. It's very long. It needs to be blocked very badly. For those also keeping track, this is skein 2 or 3 used that I purchased from the Shenandoah Fiber Festival. Woo Hoo! to me for actually using yarn I purchased this year.
Other than that, still need to finish a lot of xmas shopping, but am beginning to fear the stores.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home