Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 a year in review

As I look back on 2009, I feel it was an unusual year. I worked a lot. I did some new things and some old things.

Trips taken in 2009- Vegas (Happy Birthday to me!), Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Chicago, and a couple more to St. Louis.

On the knitting front, I finished 27 objects in 2009, which is up from 2008, but I felt that I took about 4 months off from knitting during the summer, so I must have been prolific in the winter/spring and then the fall/winter time periods.

Hats - 8
Mittens - 2
Dolls - 2
Scarves - 5
Sweater (And it fit!) - 1
Baby Bib - 4
Baby Hats - 3
Shawl - 1
Baby Blanket - 1

Notice what's missing...no socks. I did not finish one pair of socks this year. How scary is that?

Big thing for 2009, I bought a spinning wheel and am learning to spin. I love it. Yeah!

What's on tap for 2010:
A trip to Tokyo in March. Can't wait!
More spinning
Hopefully some adventure!

My goals for the year:
1. Join a gym - been trying to do that for 2 years and just haven't gotten around to it.
2. Continue efforts to eat more healthy. More fruits and veggies. Less take out.
3. Do something different at least once a quarter. Go some where new, learn something new, meet someone new.
4. Stay connected to my friends.

Have a safe and happy new year to all my family and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home