Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My first handspun!

On my beatiful new wheel anyway...Hurrah! It's mystery roving I bought several years ago in Kansas City. There wasn't a ton in the ball of roving. I'm going to guess 2oz or less. I should have weighed it before spinning, but I wasn't that smart. I spun it onto one bobbin and then wound it into a center pull ball and plied it from both ends. Which was an adventure and probably not the smartest way to ply on a wheel for the first time. I've done it from spindle spun yarn.

It's about 85 yrds of what I'm going to call a dk weight in most places. Yeah me. Now...what can I make with 85 yards of dk weight yarn?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Jenn said…

    Gwen, that's awesome! Congratulations on your first finished yarn. 85 yards, hmmm....narrow wrist warmers to keep your wrists warm while doing all that spinning?

    :)

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    YAY GWEN!! WOO HOO! Love it! I'd say wrist warmers or maybe an ear warmer band?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home