Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm back and there has been knitting!

Back from the Thanksgiving holiday spent with my family. Had a great time hanging out with my sister and my niece. Shopped til I dropped, of course. Only finished gifts for my brother and family though because those need to be sent.

I would like to mention that I have the most awesome mom in the world. She went to an estate sale in St. Louis and she got me this...
which is 2.5 oz of boysenberry colored Alpaca pencil roving, 2 oz of a wool/angora blend yarn and there in the front, 2 oz of Angora. Yep, and even better, she paid like $6 for the whole lot. She got the good stuff. I seriously love her. She also got a bunch of needles and knitting paraphenalia.

There was knitting on the trip. Here is the Meret beret, which I started yesterday. It's destined to be an xmas gift for a friend. It's out of the Miss Babs yarn I bought at Stitches.

And here is the Sockhead hat, which is a slouch hat, made out of sock yarn...

For those wanting to knit this, although it looks really cute on and I love it, it's 4 inches of 2x2 ribbing and then 9 inches of stockinette on size 2 needles with sock yarn. It took forever! Good Lord. I thought I would never finish. This is an xmas gift for a friend. Yarn is Artyarns Ultramerino that I bought close to 3 years ago.

Lastly, I leave you with a gift given to a recipient.
"Did you sew this for me" she loudly exclaimed as she opened up the package and then she promised not to lose the coordinating mittens, like she had the others. Ahhh. This is why we knit. :-)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home