Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Does spinning on a wheel count as exercise?

What about if it's a double treadle?? It would be fantastic if it did because I'm a spinning fool. Loving the wheel. Have had some brand new wheel learning experiences. First, needs lots of oiling. Never knew that. But, after reading on-line, not unusual. Thank god for the internet. Second learning experience was lessons in tensioning on the wheel. That was a fun lesson. NOT! Too much tension and it draws too fast. Too Too much tension and it's hard to treadle. To little tension, does not draw in. But, I'm getting a better idea about that and we're moving along more smoothly.

I have two bobbins of singles spun up and "resting" per suggestions from just about every other spinner. Of course, I want to ply it sooo badly, but it's not going to happen tonight or even tomorrow since I have to work late. But Tuesday night might be a date. Yippee.

My knitting is suffering though. Anyone expecting knitted christmas gifts might get gifts of handspun yarn. :-)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    SOOO much fun!! I'm going knit crazy, so I could use some hand spun yarn. :D Good luck with your beautiful wheel and I can't wait to see the results!

    -Colleen

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Jenn said…

    Congratulations on your big purchase!!! I'm looking for some great handspun, so when you set up shop from all the yarn you'll spin, let me know. I'll be first in line. :)

    Like Colleen said, I can't wait to see the finished product.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home