Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

These three balls of yarn represent TRUE FRIENDSHIP...

What are they??? They're 3100 yds of this amazing cobweb weight merino/tencel yarn called Heaven...or maybe they should have another representative name beginning with an Hxxx...
Teri and Joanna bravely helped me wind the yarn... until HORRORS!!!!
Yes, that is Teri and that is a giagantic knot in the cobweb weight yarn...
Here's a close-up so you can see the true horror. I credit Teri the "yarn whisperer" for the save. I can't thank Teri and Joanna enough for their assistance in saving my yarn and the hour and 45 minutes they lost out of their lives while we tried to wind and save my yarn. They are true friends...

So, now that you've recovered from the heart attack, here's the rest of the haul from the yarn crawl.

No Sheep For You, which I tried to buy at Borders the night before, but they did have. I'm in love, love, love with the patterns in it. 2 more balls of laceweight yarn (can you tell I'm dying to try some of the patterns from Victorian Lace Today or what??), some sock yarn and a soap scrubbie thrown in by the wonderful ladies at the NeedleNest in Louisburg, KS. I would have bought more, but the yarn I wanted for my sweater they only had 10 balls of and I needed 12... I was very sad.

Now, some pictures from the Sunflower Knitting Guild Yarn Crawl. Here's Carmen cheesing at the Yarn Barn in Lawrence, KS (yes, we did a lot of driving).

And Teri, who found the only copy of No Sheep for You and let me have it.
Warning - The following photos are of an actual stop on the yarn crawl. No participants in our car were harmed during the visit. You know that you're in for a weird experience when this is the view accross the street from the visit location...
And here's where we went...
Only, we didn't go in there, we went around back via the bridge of death.
Yes, definitely not fat girl friend. I made sure to stop on the cross supports on the bottom. The owner said "perhaps only 1 of you should cross at a time..." Now, admittedly, this is the home of a local dyer, who dyes amazing yarn, but risking death for yarn??? Umm, yeah we did it.

All in all, a good time was had by all and we were all very tired people after shopping, knitting, winding and then dinner out with the menfolk (not mine, I don't have one, but the others...). Then I went home and crashed in my bed. Too tired to even blog about the adventure.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    WHAT, what, WHAT is with you and taking pictures of our arses while we're not paying attention and posting them on the Internet?! Woman. Seriously.
    That is a pretty awesome photo of the tangle, though. :)

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    It sounds like a great time!! Glad the yarn was saved - true friendship indeed.

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger dulcedosa said…

    LMAO!

    No, the bridge of death was definately NOT fat girl friendly! I had visions of me crashing through the boards and rats gnawing away at my bloody ankles while we waited for 911 to respond. *sigh*

    Yeah, I'm convinced she is a voodoo priestess, too. But, I guess you gotta have some kinda juju to protect from the cemetary goblins. You didn't get a picture of the front yard infant and fetus blonde baby dolls. At least, she likes to drink the good stuff. Should have gotten photos of all the SKYY and Bombay Sapphire bottles. LOL! You need that for the voodoo rituals. We should go back on Halloween!

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    BTW, I FREAKING UPDATED my blog site. Happy?!

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Teri said…

    Nice, she calls us friends and then has the gall to post of the most unflattering photo of me ever taken.

    *sobs*

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    But she posted a HUGE close-up of your rack to make up for it, at least! I just got pics of my butt and my hat hair! :)

    She OBVIOUSLY loves Carmen more than us, otherwise she would have whipped out her camera for the high-rise underwear show that happened while she was jumping out of a moving car.

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger dulcedosa said…

    :D

    YES! SHE LOVE ME! ...and for your edification, I was jumping out of the car (yeah, so it was moving a teeny bit) to secure a parking spot so we didn't have to schelp from 2 counties over to get to the yarn shop. LOL! So, what if I flashed my big girl panties. *hmph* :P

    Anywho, I don't see anything wrong with the photos. We all look just fine. *geez* Although, I am secretly jealous of T's boobies. GOOD LAWD CHILE! THEY IS HUGE!
    I don't care if you take a picture of my badonkadonk. Long as I get some residuals off the internet downloads. LOL! ;)

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Man, I missed out on all the good stuff. LOVE the photos. You ladies all looked hot in the shots so quit your bitchin! I must say I've never bought yarn across from dead people, so it must have been a trip!

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    OK, I couldn't even tell that was Joanna in the second picture. Like, really. I am sad I missed the yarn crawl. We'll have to take a special Tuesday Night Knits trip to Louisburg and Lawrence!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home