Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, March 30, 2007

I've officially become one of those people...












I've been delaying the inevitable for over a year now. I finally decided I had to get one around the first of January and still managed not to get one until now, but I'm traveling a lot in the upcoming months and rather than dragging my computer along everywhere if I don't have to, this is a much better option. Believe it or not, 3 years ago, I didn't even own a cell phone...

So, I've been a bad blogger and no, not because of the crackberry...that just came today. I've been obsessively working on a gift for my nephew-to-be and since I can't post pictures of my progress (BTW...Looks amazing and I'll post after the shower on 4/14), I've been slacking off. Tonight
I did finish off a quick MasonDixon baby bib for a co-worker I'll see in Chicago next week. I started a second one in bright orange to go with it. She hasn't found out whether or not she's having a girl or a boy. I might whip a few more as well. Someone asked me if I would knit a scarf for a March of Dimes auction and while I won't have time to a full scarf (I have auction standards...), maybe since it's honor of babies I'll make a set of 3 and get some appliques to sew on as well. I'll have to consider it.

I'll leave you with the best example of my week at work...

"Hi... Why, yes, I'm responsible for hiring staff at XYZ company. Soon to graduate you say...Congratulations... Looking for a job you say?? We need you to have this specialized degree in order to work at XYZ company. A degree in psychology you say.... Well, unless you possess this specialized degree and are eligible to do this, we don't have any openings...Yes, I work in HR here at XYZ company...no we don't currently have an HR positions available in the Kansas City market...No, we don't have any business management training openings either, that's not a position we have here...the only thing we have available for new grads is for people with this specific educational background who are eligible to do this... You might get an MBA...That's great...No, we still don't have any jobs open if you don't have this and can't do this. Oh, you saw that on our posting at your college, so you realize, we do this very specialized work and we only need people with this specialized degree and this additional education that will enable them to do this... Well, yes, I do work here an no, I'm not that. No, again, we don't currently have any openings except for people with this education who can do this at this time. Sure, go ahead and submit your resume... " (anything that will get you off my phone...)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Cute bib!!! And wow - so technological. :)

    Ack, I'm not sure I would've survived that phone call...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home