Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Secret Pal 10 contest

Shelby, my wonderful Secret Pal is having a contest. First, put your questions where they can be found. I have a link. Yeah me!

Part two was to post about our current favorite project we're working on.
I'm in love with Lady Eleanor from Scarft Style. I'm making it in Silk Garden color #247. I love entrelac. It may be stockinette knitting, but it doesn't bore me. I love to watch the colors shift. This is for me. It could be replaced in my affections by my new project though, seen above. Which some of you will recognize, but is a surprise. It's in 1824 Cotton and the colors are more muted than above.

Other than that, those of you who know me well, will be amused by my latest act of gracefullness. It was one of those moments where everything you did to try and stop it just made it worse. I tripped over a decorative tile embedded in the carpet in our lobby. I first tried to catch myself with my other leg, but by bad knee gave out. So, still going forward, I stuck out my arm to catch myself on the wall, only instead of going forward with a flat palm, I caught the tips of all of my fingers...which have these wonderfully strong nails for once courtesy of a recent manicure, which kind of tried to pull off of my fingers instead of breaking. Now those of you who are a little bit clutzy like me, will realize that fingers do not stop the downward forward motion. Yes...you can see it coming can't you??? I went face first into the wall. Yes, I have carpet burn on the tip of my nose from going into the fabric tectured wall face first at work. Yes, indeedy it was a fun day all around. Nose is still sore today, but the fingers have recovered...

















me.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    OUCH!!! I'm glad you didn't break anything.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Teri said…

    Wow, you've made some progress on that blanket. Looking good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home