Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

My Very Busy, wonderful Family & Friends weekend

I'm home. I'm tired. It was a jam packed weekend. Friday, my sister and I went shopping. Bought more stuff for ourselves than intended. We met my BIL for lunch at Mongolian BBQ (So much better than BD's). Then we met two of my friends from college for pedicures. Thanks to my sister's influence. I now have red toes instead of my normal pink. Then we picked my neice up from school and went home to play a bit. She's all my sister. It's like a mini-Kelly, except with this obsessive mess complex. :-) She talks in sentances now and knows so much. It's just amazing the change in 3 short months. Later that evening, I met Colleen & Beth again and Jenn for some knitting and chick flicks.

Saturday, I mailed my package to my secret pal. Met Beth for lunch. Went to Knitorious, our favorite yarn store in St. Louis, where I bought a Nashua pattern book. Came home and dyed Easter eggs with my neice. She really loved it. She colored 16 eggs in 5 minutes flat. She had all of the colors in front of her, except the blue and I was allowed to dye 2 eggs blue. We went out for a family dinner and then I met Beth again for more knitting. I miss her a lot since we're so far apart...shortly after I moved to KC, she moved to Cincy, so we don't see each other all that often.

Sunday was just spent with the family. The Easter Bunny (AKA my father and I) hid eggs in the yard for my neice to find. We told her the night before and all she could talk about was how "Easter Bunny hide eggs" and "I find." And, she found, all 16 in about 15 minutes. It was very cute.

So, now I'm home to resume my nice relaxing life and work for 4 days before going back for my SIL baby shower. I can't wait to see her!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    It sounds like so much fun!! And lucky you - a short week. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home