Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Stitches departure imminent...

39.5 hours until my plane leaves for Chicago and Stitches Midwest. Hurrah!!!! Very excited. Work has been really weird this week. All the weirdo's have crawled out of the corner where they reside and made an appearance in my office...and I'm not talking about our employees. It's weirdos from the outside.... It's just the funkiest thing. Then, as I left the Tuesday night knitting group, I realized why...the lure of the full moon tomorrow has pulled them out of their hiding places.

This was the first time I ever went to the Tuesday night knitting group. Not sure I'm liking them as much as the Thursday night knitters, except the Thursday night knitters I was sitting with on a Tuesday. They come up and ask you what you're knitting and then don't say anything else. Don't introduce themselves. Don't ask what the yarn is. No other conversation. Just what are you knitting??? I'm a little put off by that.

Tomorrow at 10pm is the last day to enter the You're my obsession contest here. So leave me a comment before then to win the frog pond sock yarn.

I have something else to look forward to!!!! We're taking my sister to Vegas for her 30th birthday!! Hurrah!!! We finally had to tell her today so she can ask off of work. We're going 9/14- 9/17th. So, without further ado:

Countdown to Stitches: 39.5 hours
Countdown to Vegas: 37 days.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Christy said…

    Oh, were you at Borders? Wish I'd known who you were, I would have said hi. I was only there for about half an hour. Broke out the drop spindle. :)

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    It's interesting how different groups can be - some you click with, others - not so much.

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with you on the Tuesday night group. Aside from our group, they are not my crowd. They make me feel like being unfriendly and bitchy which some may say is my true nature...but really, it's not!

    Have a great time at Stitches! I hope you have enough time to buy yarn for yourself! (And don't worry too much about the color choice, I'll be happy with just about anything you bring back)

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Yeah, that Tuesday night group puts me off, too - and like Teri, I feel all snarly and snooty and defensive around them. Some of them have said some really odd, annoying, or just plain rude things to me! However, we seem to be in the process of taking over. Viva la revolucion!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home