Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Midwest Blogger Meet up at Stitches!!

Special note to all the Midwest Bloggers out there going to Stitches Midwest. Beth, yes...that Beth, my knitting goddess whom I am going with...has with the help of Chris planned a Midwest Bloggers get together at Stiches on Saturday night. For more information, go to Beth's Blog.

The only knitting news is the watermelon sock in all it's glory. I've finally decided (with the help of the Thursday knitters meeting on a rare Wednesday) to go with about a half an inch of pink at the top of the sock with a picot edge

Look what was waiting for me when I go home tonight!!!!

Not only my long awaited Interweave Knits, but all the books I ordered at the Interweave Hurt Book Sale. It was an Interweave day! I was also bad last night. I finally got my Cingular rebate and since I'd totally forgotten about it, I decided it was found money, so I spent it on Amazon.com... I ordered the Mason Dixon book and the new Stitchionary. Hurrah!! Only bad news, they should arrive between the 10th and the 14th (super saver shipping) which means they'll come while I'm at Stitches.

Countdown to Stitches Midwest - 1 week from today at this very time, I will be leaving the Stitches Marketplace preview!! Yeah me!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Looking forward to your report on the meetup!

    I like those pink'n'green socks - they're just really fun.

    Lots of new books for you! You got some great ones from the IW sale.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Check out this picot edge on a sock. http://www.champagnebohemian.com/champagnebohemian/archives/000274.html
    This would be groovy on your sock. I may have to try it sometime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home