Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Happy Blogiversary to me!!

Today, we celebrate 2 years of Shoes and Yarn. A momentous occasion made even more special because I hit 15,000 visitors today!!! Yippee. It's been a long 2 years. 2 trips to Stitches and another one starts tomorrow. 42 finished objects. I'm just so happy...the joy is overflowing!

I know, I know, cut the crap and get onto the contest winner. As a reminder, I've been obsessed with this:
a 4"x4" square made out of sock yarn that I eventually...a long, long, long time in the future, plan to sew 378 of these puppies together into a sock yarn blanket that's a record of all the socks I've made...well, except this one, which is made from leftover sockyarn my sockapaloooza (awesome pal) sent me with my socks. I figure it belongs to socks I have in my possession and am going to wear, so it goes in the blanket too. So, without further ado, the winner of my contest is....Jennifer, who is obsessed with the Rogue Hoody. So go on over and congratulate her. She's also the sponsor of the Knitflix swap. There's still a week left to enter, so mosey on over.

The bags are almost packed. I only need to do the dishes and iron my pants for tomrrow and I'm ready to head to Stitches!!!! The countdown is officially at 15.5 hours until takeoff for Chicago. Woo Hoo!!! There won't be any blogging unless I can figure out the cell phone blogging thing. I'm not taking my computer, because I don't want to work. Hurrah!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger dulcedosa said…

    Gwen,

    Good job! You're so goal oriented...*sigh* I have a BAD BAD CASE of Knitting ADD. I just can't seem to stop starting and not finishing. LOL! Have fun in Chicago and I can't wait to see the treasure trove of yarn you bring back! :)

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Happy 2 years!! Have a great time @ stitches! :)

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Congrats, Jennifer! And congrats, Gwen, on two years - I hope you're having a BLAST at Stitches! Looking forward to the report. :)

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Congrats on two years - my first year's up tomorrow!

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Gwen, I just realized that I am a loser. I have been such a blog-slob lately that I didn't even refer people to your contest. Oops. Sorry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home