Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My new mantra: Must finish the Sockapaloooza socks...Must finish the sockapaloooza socks.

I'm not allowing myself to start any new socks until I finish my sockapalooza socks, so of course, working on them is the furthest thing in the world I want to do. On top of that, I knit them on size 1 needles, so although I've finished turning the heel and the gusset, it still seems like I have miles and miles of knitting left to do. I knit and I knit and I knit and it never seems to get any longer....UGHHH!!! Second Sock Syndrome rears it's ugly head.

I even stopped working on my shawl to try and speed up the process. Adding to all of this is the fact that when I got out my sock yarn stash to take pictures, I began to admire all the sock yarn and remember why I bought the sock yarn and imagine all the beautiful socks I could make with the sock yarn. Are you getting the picture here???? Must finish sockapaloooza socks.

So, as incentive, I'm trying to decide which pair to knit up 2nd to next. The Cascade Fixation that I'm going to do in the Broadripple pattern are next, but I'm doing a lot of traveling in the near future. 5 hours to Tampa and back on a plane plus two nights in a hotel without a lot to do. 11 hours (plane rid plus layovers) back and forth) to DC to see my brother. That's a lot of knitting time. So, on the tampa trip, I'll probably finish the pair of broadripple socks. Assuming I start one before I leave and get some of it done. So, that leaves me with what to bring with me to DC. Hmmm. The Socks that Rock in Scottish Highland??? (I can buy more at MSW - The Fold will be there) The Lorna's Laces in the Creamsicle Orange, Teal and Cream??? Maybe some of the Regia Cotton that just came home??? What to do, what to do??? The choices, oh the choices...

Must finish the Sockapaloooza socks... Must finish the sockapaloooza socks.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Why are you reading this comment?? Go finish your Sockapalooza socks! ;)

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You got a bunch done last night and it may seem overwhelming, but you'll be done in no time.
    Now, go knit!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home