Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

My spiral of shame continues...first shoes. Then yarn. Now, I couldn't help myself, I ordered books. Yes, indeed. I ordered Amy Singer's new book Big Girl Knits because, I am a big girl and in spite of what some designers think, 38" at the bust is NOT, I repeat for clarity, NOT extra large. Well, I was so excited, I ordered it before it came out, and of course, I needed to order something else so I could get my Super Saver free shipping from Amazon, so one of my favorite authors is coming out with a new books, so I tacked on Mary Janice Davidson's Dead & Loving it. I'm just hooked on her Betsy the Vampire books and I'm excited because apparently George the Fiend finds love.

I'm such a sucker. Beyond my incessent shopping...I mean. I've been tapped to knit a scarf for an auction for a March of Dimes auction for the St. Louis office. Yep, not even for an office I still work for, although thankfully still working for the same employer. So this will, of course, necessitate a trip to the yarn store for special yarn with which to knit the scarf, they were knitting there tonight anway and I was going. So, I bought some big thick ribbon yarn and I'm going to knit one of those drop stitch scarves.

I can't wait for the weekend. I'm going furniture shopping. Hurrah.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    I've always wondered what percentage of Amaazon.com's sales come from those of us trying to hit the free shipping point! :)

    I can understand the shame... my yarn buying has been INSANE lately... not all of it has even made it to my blog, which should tell you just how bad it is...

    Have fun buying furniture! Sort of handy stuff, isn't it?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home