Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

So, I move into a bigger apartment with two bedrooms, so, of course, I need a second bed so I can have visitors. I also need a dining room table and an entertainment center. Everyone kept telling me that I needed to go to Nebraska Furniture Mart. So today, I looked up the directions and went. It was unbelievable. I think it's actually bigger than the IKEA in Schaumburg, IL. It had almost too many choices. I couldn't think. I may have found a bed, but by the time I made it to where they where I was getting a headache. I was all to much. For those back in St. Louis, imagine that they put a Best Buy, Williams Sonoma, both Carol Houses, and Rothman furniture all in the same place. So, I went, but I did not buy. The only thing I ended up with was a Migraine, which I won't attribute to Nebraska Furniture Mart, because truthfully, felt one coming on and went anyway.

So, came home from shopping and went right to bed as headache was obscuring my ability to think and the light was hurting my eyes. Woke up 2 hours later, still had a headache, woke up again at 5:30 and still had a headache. Finally woke up at 7 and headache is mostly gone. Thank god.
I did do a little knitting this evening and finished sock #1 of my sockapaloooza socks. Yeah!!! I really like Grumperina's Jaywalker pattern in this Opal yarn. Will start the next one tomorrow and I should have them done by May 1st.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    But the real quesions is, where is my birthday present!?!?

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Oh, accursed migraines!! Glad you were able to get rid of it.

    That store sounds rather overwhelming... Sometimes there are just way too many choices, aren't there?

    I love how your Black Opal Jaywalker is looking!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home