Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Flash your Stash!

Yes, it's that time of year again. Time to haul out your little dirty secret or in many cases, their not so little woolly secret. I think it's kind of prosaic to have Flash your stash on April Fools Day. Kind of like a joke...I can't really have that much yarn stashed away??? So here we go. First off the IKEA storage units procurred at Stiches Midwest Last year.

In the Pink one we have:
  • 4 skeins of Baby Silk
  • 3 skeins of the Knitpicks Lace weight that I dyed myself in the blues and pinks.
  • 12 skeins of Schachenmeyer Nomotta Micro Big Shine. Was gonig to be a tank once upon a time, now I don't know...
  • 7 skeins of Cascade Indulgence. I don't know, I was kind of thinking Knitty's blaze, but it would be kind of blahh in cream.
  • 14 skeins of Classic Elite Tweed in Marron
  • 12 skeins of CottonEase saved from the Clearance racks.

    In the blue IKEA thing, we have the sock yarn collection of shame...
  • 4 Skeins of Patons Kroy - Pink & Green
  • Lang Jawool in Blues
  • 3 skeins of the knitpicks that I self-dyed in various colors
  • 2 skeins Knitpicks Simply Stripes
  • 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces in Glenwood from Stitches Midwest last year.
  • 2 skeins of Regia Cotton Surf - Purples & Reds
  • 2 skeins Cascade Fixation
  • 2 skeins Koigu
  • 1 skein Moutain Colors in Barefoot Wildberries
  • 1 skein Socks That Rock in Scottish Highlands
  • 1 skeins of Tess' Super Sock Yarn
  • 1 skein of Cashmere from Just one Yarn purchased at Stitches Midwest last year.

    Next, we have the rack, I salvaged from the kitchen, because it doesn't fit in my new kitchen...

    In this we have:
  • 1200 yds Rowan Summer Tweed bought on a cone from Webs
  • 3 skeins Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud
  • 2 skeins of some green cotton boucle type yarn bought on clearance at Stitches Midwest.
  • 1 undyed Knitpicks Sock yarn
  • 1 undyed Knitpicks laceweight
  • 2 skeins Pinquin Soft hair
  • 2 balls of Pajola Alpaca
  • 3 skeins of Wakiki
  • 4 skeins of Esbeth Lavold Silky Wool
  • 3 bunches of Roving for my spinning attempts. The drop spindle also lives in this storage.



    Then we have the chest that MaryAnn gave me. It stores all my double pointed needles, circular needles and knitting implements in the top 4 drawers and in the bottom, we have the following:

  • 5 skeins of Llama Seta
  • 1 skein Amalie
  • 1 skein of Handspun Angora from my Secret Pal 4
  • 2 skeins of Qifapai which is a cashmere wool blend. This is from my sockapal2za pal who sent it from China. We heart her.
  • 3 skeins of Misc. handspun yarn
  • 1 skeins Schelle Stahl Woolle and 1 skein of their Teddy yarn
  • 5 skeins of Wildflower in 2 different colors
  • 3 skeins Rowan DK cotton
  • 3 half skeins of Dale Stork.
  • Some miscellaneaous shiny yarn
  • All of my sock yarn leftovers that I'm trying to accumulate enough to make monster socks. I probably have enough, but boy would they be ugly (the point of them I know) but I want to make them at least a bit color coordinate...

    Here we have an entire box of very old 100% wool yarn inherited from my great aunt. I figure it will probably be good for felting something, but haven't gotten around to it...

    And finally, the fox top full of yarn that I haven't yet found a place for. Leftover from a baby blanket, my dishcloth yarn and a skein of red hart yarn from a well meaning friend.

So there you have it, in all my glory. I will admit, it has gotten smaller. I've knit several of the yarns from Stitches Midwest last year. I've been finishing some projects up...of course, I'm going to Yarn Barn tomorrow and Maryland Sheep & Wool in May and Stitches again in August...OH MY!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Wow, you went into so much more detail than I did! :) It doesn't look THAT bad to me. But maybe you should check back in after Maryland... ;)

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Oh Gwen. I certainly created a monster, didn't I? I had no idea. But it's beautiful, and who cares, right? It only makes me want to grow my own.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Chelle said…

    Very nice stash! I love the Ikea storage units! Gotta snag me some of those!

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful!

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the flash, you've got some neat stuff in that stash of yours. I love the hanging storage, I have one of those in the kids room, but had never thought to use it for yarn storage.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home