Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

A yarn story...

There was knitting today!!! Isn't this yarn beautiful. Pinks and purples and greys to almost black. This is the Interlacements Rik Rak yarn that I purchased at Stitches Midwest last year. It is destined to become a feather and fan shawl. See
the progress I had made at one point. I absolutely love it!!!
The colors look awesome. You may have noticed my qualifier up above "at one point..." Yes, I did the unthinkable, I frogged it all. No, I didn't make some grave mistake other than not swatching and having it end up to be 4 feet in width... Umm a little more than I was going for...

Other than that, I finally put away all of the knick knacks I had piled up on my ledge for the kitchen. I needed it to hook the swift and ball winder too. I also moved my chair and ottoman into the sunroom. It wasn't really fitting in the family room anywhere and I had tried it several different ways, but I love it in the sunroom. Tomorrow is for picture hanging.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Oh, that is lovely yarn! Ah well, frogging what you had means that you'll just get to knit with it longer, right?

    Sounds like you're getting all unpacked. Hope work and settling in to your new home and city are going well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home