Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, March 03, 2006

First official dinner

So, I went to the grocery store. Bought everything I needed that I didn't have for my favorite meal. Pasta with Chicken, carrots & broccoli. A little Olive Oil, Basil & Parmesan cheese rounds it off. So, miracle of all miracles, I remembered all the ingrediants I didn't have on hand at the grocery store. Came home, made sure I had all the necessary dishes unpacked. Check. Cut up carrots, cut up chicken. Wine chilling... you get the picture, I'm going all out here. Chicken's cooking. It smells really good and suddenly I realize "Oh my god I haven't unpacked the Basil..." It was like a lightbulb went on in my head. I quickly stirred the cooking chicken and ran over and began frantically opening boxes. I know I have 2 things of Basil...I've got to be able to find one of them. I open box after box after box and finally, I come to the last box...and there it is sitting on top. UGHHH!!! My dining room really looks like a bomb hit it now.

Oh, well. Dinner was good...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Sounds very tasty! And maybe the bomb look is inspiring for getting things unpacked?? :)

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Good to see everything's going well. Hope you enjoyed your dinner!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home