Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

I'm Here!!!

Womder of all wonder, I made it here...with only a little
drama. In this picture, you can see my wonderfully comfortable bed (NOT!)from my first night in my new home. I think I woke up every hour because my arm went to sleep or my hand went to sleep. Uggh. My furniture finally arrived today. I spent a good two hours playing Inventory Bingo - get a nice peice of paper from the movers with the numbers that the afixed to your boxes and you check them all off as they come in the door. Thankfully, nothing went missing and my furniture arrived in good shape. I spent most of the day unpacking and trying to get online. This is what my living room currently looks like. I had the movers stack all the boxes in the living room so I could unpack in one central
location. At this point, I've unpacked or moved about 40 boxes to their new home location. Isn't that sad.

Th journey has not been without it's drama or triumphs. My phone blew up last night. What you say??? Yes, it was shooting red sparks out of the battery housing thingee and then it smoked. No fire ensued, but it did kind of freak me out...

Now for my truimph, not only did I install DSL (as you can see I'm now online) all by myself with little assistance, I also installed an ethernet adapter into my computer. Woo Hoo. I only had to call for assistance in figuring out how to get the casing off the computer. I'm so proud of myself.

Tomorrow, cable guy and washer/dryer hookup guys are coming. More on my adventures in KC to come.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Yay! Glad to hear it's all going well - and that you don't have to sleep on the floor anymore.

    That would SO freak me out re: the phone.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Glad you made it safe! Can't wait to see more pics of the apartment set up. Or knitting that got done during the move.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Christy said…

    Hooray!

    Welcome to KC!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home