Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

And life goes on...

I thought that I would be a little homesick this first week, but I've been so busy, I haven't had any time to be busy yet. Work is going well so far. I like the people and I like the challenges. I come home at night brain dead and exhausted. I brought home a stack of stuff to read that is 3 inches thick. Ummm...yeah...I left it out in the car. It isn't going to get read tonight. Maybe this weekend.

One thing I must agree with is that there are some very good restaurants in KC. I've been out to dinner every night this week with either work people or, tonight, the KC knitters group. The food is fabulous. I had a KC strip steak with a blue cheese sauce last night. I had pan-asian food tonight and, for the very first time, tried Bubble tea. I've been kind of wary of it. I really don't like tapioca because of the consistency and everyone said the stuff in the bubble tea was just like tapioca. One person I was at dinner with described it like having gummy bears in your drink and she was pretty much right on. I liked it. It was fun to drink. See, KC is bringing about all kinds of new things in my life.

I really like the knitters. They seem like a nice group of people and I look forward to knitting with them again.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Yay! I'm glad you've met a group of knitters!! Have a lovely weekend.

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh, I love bubble tea. Now that you mentioned it, I might have to get some this weekend. Good to see you are having fun.

    -Suzie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home