Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, March 06, 2006


So, pair number 3 of socks finished this year. These are pattern #12 Seaweed stitch from Joy Slayton's Ribbing Plain and Fancy. The yarn is Knit Picks Sock Garden in Hydrangea. I like them. I wore them to Teri's house to watch the Oscar's yesterday right off the needles.

So, Of course, I had to start another pair of socks immediately. Another pair of Jaywalkers in Opal yarn that I've had since last summer, now, here's where an opinion is required. Should I make the Jaywalkers for my sock pal or should I use the beautiful Knitpicks yarn seen next to the Jaywalkers below??










Of course, I could make her the jaywalkers and give her the other yarn. Help me with my dilemna and let me know what you would do.

One last note - I love my friend Colleen. She was in town to visit her sister this weekend and invited me along with her family to go to Science City and brought me the coolest house warming gift a knitting teddy bear. I heart Colleen.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Blu486 said…

    I'd give her the new jaywalkers - I like the way the colors are working out in them.

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    If your sock pal likes black, I'd go with the Jaywalkers - I love that color! Otherwise, the knitpicks.

    The socks you finished turned out great!

    Do we get to see this cool housewarming teddy bear??v

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had fun, thanks for coming over. Do you need help with unpacking or anything? Also, how was your first day?

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Warm fuzzies!!! :)

    I'm glad you liked it and I'm glad I was able to drag you away from unpacking for a bit! I heart you, too!!

    -Colleen

    PS - Got an offer from RGA!! Not sure when I'll start, though. Thanks again for that intro!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home