Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Where are the ruby red slippers when you need them??

So far since I've been in Kansas 10 days and I've lived through 5 tornado warnings complete with sirens. Yes, there's a reason a tornado plucked Dorthy up out of Kansas. The author obviously knew what they were talking about...and it's only March. The worst part is here, they totally pre-empt tv on all channels and you just listen to them go on and on and on about where the storm is. I want my TV shows!!! I don't care if the storm is spitting golf size hail in Moberly!!! That's half a state a way. UGHHH!!! It's been like this all day.

To continue my streak of learning and trying new things since moving to Kansas, I taught myself to hem pants tonight. Prior to this, I've conned my mom into hemming them for me. Isn't she nice?? Actually, must admit that I was resewing the hems that came out of two pairs of pants that I want to take to Chicago with me tomorrow, so you can see the dire need that spurred me to experiment with hems. I'm amazed. They seem fairly straight and you can barely see them on the outside. The inside needs some work, but who's really going to see that anyway.

Off to Chicago to work bright and early tomorrow am. Actually, it's so early it will still be dark. Why did I move 45 minutes away from the airport. Why, oh Why do I have to take a 7am flight. UGHHH!!!! Maybe I'll actually be able to sleep on the plane tomorrow. I'll be in Chicago through Wednesday evenings, so no updates until then. I should have lots to report...we're going to an upscale bowling lounge and those of you who know me, know this is a recipe for disaster...

4 Comments:

  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Hope you have a good trip to Chicago! It should at least by a break from all the tornado warnings, right?!

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait...you? Bowling? In slippery shoes with big, heavy things around? Do be careful!! Have a great trip and, believe me, you wouldn't want to live any closer to the airport in KC - unless you like seclusion.

    -Colleen

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bowling...oh no! Don't forget to pack the bubble wrap :)

    Crazy weather there, try to stay safe!!!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have fun in Chicago!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home