Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Jaywalking in my Jaywalkers

So, due to moving in 2 weeks, I didn't think that I could join the knitting Olympics and work on some new challenging project and still get packed. But, I did knit during the opening ceramonies and Voila! Finished Jaywalker socks.
Made from some knitpicks yarn that I dyed myself, which is why they're two different colors. I dyed the yarn in the ball, which resulted in the nice stripey effect, unfortunately, the yarn in the middle didn't get a dyed all the way through, hence sock 2 is a lot lighter than sock 1. I think I'm going to overdye sock 2 with some more watermelon kool-aid and see if that turns the white pink and they match better.

My comments on the Opening Cermonies. "They throw the flag." I actually liked them. Not as abstract as some of them have been, so it was more interesting. Luciano, as ever, brought the house down. Now, who out there from the 5 second glimpse we got can reproduce the pattern on the scarves that the athletes from Belarus were wearing. Those looked cool. Also liked the hats on the Norwegians with the skiers knit in them. Other than that got some more work done on Julie's birthday socks. I got out Faina, but had to put it away because I found myself totally engrossed in parts of the ceremony and losing my place in the lace pattern. The events should be better for finishing that.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I love how your Jaywalkers striped! I bet a quick KoolAid bath will balance them nicely.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Your jaywalkers look like pink zebra socks -- I love them! I think the overdying will work nicely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home