Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

A new Olympic sport

Another Finished Object. Julie's Birthday Socks in the Yarn-over cable pattern. #17 in Joy Slayton's Ribbing Plain and Fancy. Soccotta yarn. I think this is one of my favorite sock patterns.

I've decided that the Olympics needs another sport. Procrastination. Or maybe the Olympics aid me in procrastination, either way, I'm an Olympic procrastinator. I watched the Opening ceremonies. I watched Hockey during the day on Saturday. I watched pairs skating and speed skating on Saturday night. I watching Luge and more speed skating and downhill on Sunday. In the past 2 weekends, I've finished 1 baby sweater, 1 scarf and 2 pairs of socks all in my avoidance of packing. Although, this weekend was better than last because I actually packed some boxes. (what a concept. Moving in 2 weeks, packing a box or two). I went through my closet and got rid of some clothes, although since I just went through this exercise 3 months ago, not as many as you might think. Packed cothers that I know I won't wear in the next 2 weeks. Kitchen is up next, but I still need to eat, so that will be next weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Gorgeous socks!!!

    It sounds like avoiding packing is helping your knitting production! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home