Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Busy Weekend...

It was a busy weekend this weekend. First up, we had another Party to Dye for at Mary Ann's house. Her new kitchen looks awesome.First up, we see Ann overdying a hat that she made from previously dyed harn.

Nancy was braver than the rest of us as evidenced by her beautiful hands. The color looked even better on her yarn. :-)






Next up we have Suzie coloring some thrift store Mohair. Light Blue and Light Green and could quite possible be a Misty Garden scarf one of these days.

Below are some of the finished yarns drying off the back of Mary Ann's porch.

And finally my yarn. I dyed it in the ball again. Pink Lemonade on half and grape on half. Here I was winding it back into the skein with Donna's Niddy Noddy for easier drying. I love the colors of it. It got a bit lighter with the drying, but I think it's going to make an awesome pair of socks anyway. Can't wait to get started on it.


Sunday, I turned to the kitchen. I put some beef on for a beef noodle soup. Made some awesome beer bread. Never made it before. How easy! and Mmm! Mmm! Mmm! It went very well with the soup. Then I made a double batch of pumpkin cupcakes for Halloween tomorrow. Mmm! I was a cooking fool.

Just so you don't think I ignored my knitting all weekend. I made it to the halfway point on a blanket ear-marked for Project Linus. I also worked some more on my Carusoe socks. I tried to get them on my feet and they wouldn't go over my ankle. I'm thinking the needles weren't working, so I'll wait til I start the heel and try it on again. More updates forthcoming on that.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh I wish I could have been there! Looks like great fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home