Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

So, I started a shawl yesterday. A lace shawl made out of the yarn I dyed in a ball. I knit 36 lines. Today I frogged it. A moment of supreme sorrow for the work that I tore out knowing that I had to reknit some of those lines three times before I had the right number of stitches. Being as I dyed the yarn in the ball and it was an adventure thing, the color is very brilliant on the outside and is only the two colors. The upper color I dyed and the lower color I dyed. Now comes Gwen's lesson on dying in a ball....the inside was still cream colored. It didn't adsorb the color. I should have injected the center of the ball with color I know now. So, what we have is each end of the ball is bright pink or green and the inside is light green, light pink and cream. Since I'm knitting the Flower Basket Shawl, which you start in the middle top and knit out to the edges, I thought "start with the dark and it will radiate out into every lighter repeats" and look cool. So I started knitting it that way. Well, I was at work and the novelty of working was wearing off and I was longing for my vacation back and I got to thinking it would look cooler the other way, starting with cream at the neck and getting darker towards the ends and ending with the dark points. So, I consulted the knitters and the consensus was it would look better with dark points so I ripped it out. No pictues, because this is a potential x-mas gift depending on how it turns out.

Although I didn't join Lolly's Socktoberfest (because I have KAL issues - i.e. join and lose interest), I finished a pair of socks Monday and I started a new pair of socks today. I was very tempted to break out the "Socks that Rock" that I got at Stitches Midwest since it seems to be all the rage after Reinbeck, but I resisted and went to the Tess' Supersock yarn I got at Stitches last year as was my plan. Needless to say, there will be no more sock yarn buying in my future until I use up some of my current stash. The good news is that I have been using stash yarn to make x-mas projects and it's going well. I used some mohair I bought last year for a misty garden scarf. Some Interlacements to make a shawl and now some of my hand dyed yarn for a shawl.

I'm still waiting for my order from Rams Wool. I ordered one of these Garnstudio pattern booklets and apparently it's "still at the translator" and they're waiting for it to come in. Why feature something in your catalogue if you don't have it in stock??? They even had sweaters knit out of it featured in their yarns. I ordered a month ago and am still waiting for it to come in. The did e-mail me right away to say it was on backorder and it would be two weeks. Two weeks passed though, so I e-mailed them to find out what the heck was up. I want my patterns...

For those who live in or have visited St. Louis, it's a very sad sight to see Busch Stadium without any seats. I can only imagine after they start to knock it down. There is a sea of red outside of the stadium that is the seats waiting to go to their new homes. I wonder how many homes in St. Louis will now feature 4 seats from the Old Arena and 4 seats from Busch stadium before the year is out. We're funny people here, but we love us some baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home