Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Pink Fuzzy Slippers and Tea...An Ode to Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love it when the days are crispy chilly and you cuddle under blankets to sleep at night. I love the "will it" or "won't it" weather. I love pumpkin cupcakes on Halloween with white and orange icing just like my grandmother used to make. I know I'm going to love sitting in my new knitting chair underneath a blanket sipping hot tea and knitting. There is nothing better than an afternoon spent watching movies, knitting and drinking peppermint tea. Before the winter is over, I will drink gallons of hot tea. At home relaxing for the evening or the weekend and at work to thaw out my fingers so I can type. But the best part of fall is bringing out the fuzzy pink slippers. You know the kind. Lots of fake pink fur. There's just something about walking around in fuzzy pink slippers. I think everyone should have some. I had some elephant slippers at one point. I had some Garfield slippers at another, but I keep coming back to the fuzzy pink slippers. In fact, I request them specifically on my christmas list. Need a new pair every few years. You can only wear them outside or spill diet coke on them so many times before you need replacements. Yep, it's fall alright. Hot tea, fuzzy pink slippers and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home