Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Presenting...The Knitting Chair

Yes, I bought a chair just to knit in...with an Ottoman. I love it! I immediately stopped all unpacking and frantically trying to store away my mounds of junk that I cannot live without to sit and knit. I must admit I did a good job picking it out and hope this is not just the euphoria that comes from living without furniture for 3 weeks. Just so everyone knows, that although this was the most important piece of furniture, I did buy a couch so that others could sit in my apartment as well as me.
Ta da! Standard black leather couch.

I actually knit. Yesterday I knit for 4 hours while waiting for the gas man to come and turn the gas off at my old apartment. 7:30am-11:30am my ass. The guy showed up at 11:15. The good news was I got the cuff of a sock knit. I turned the heel this morning while waiting for the furniture to arrive (10 - 2 window and it came at 10:30...pretty good) and finished the gussett and half the way down the foot this evening. I realize now why people do toe up socks as I'm frantically praying that there's enough yarn to finish the full length of the foot to match the other one...

Today we went to the Pumpkin farm with my neice. Despite the chill and the brief rain/sleet shower, she had a grand old time. We put here in a whole mess of medium sized pumpkins and she patted them up. We set her buy a bin of the tiny little pumpkin shaped gourds and she had a blast picking them. Licked them as well, but they sure didn't taste very good from the expression on her face. It was a lot of fun.

You'll notice from my full weekend, that not a lot of unpacking got done. I'm still sitting at 7 boxes, so the yarn is all still packed... I'll have to get on that tomorrow...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on the move, and the -i'm-almost-fully-unpacked status! When is the open house??? :)

    Still interested in our barter agreement?

    Jenn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home