Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Two tragedies and new furniture...

You know the old saying "If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have luck at all?" It seems to be defining my life of late. I did learn several important lessons this weekend. That glass shelf that sits above your crisper. Yes, you know the one. Well, if a small jar of pickle relish should jump out of your hand and careen towards that shelf, you should commit bodily harm to save the jar. You see, if you don't, that glass shelf will shatter into a million little pieces. Thankfully it was tempered glass so it wasn't shards, but a million pieces all the same. Did I mention I'm moving in less than a week??? UGHHHH!!!! I did find out you could order the glass shelf over the internet, but I'm hoping I can find someone in St. Louis that would have them so I don't have to pay shipping and handling.

Lesson #2 - You should make sure that you close your trunk after you unpack it. This lesson was learned when I tried to start the car Sunday morning only to hear the clicking noise that said the battery was dead. In fact, the only thing working was the little indicator light on the dashboard telling me that the trunk was open. Yep. It was that kind of weekend.

The weekend wasn't all bad. I did find some furniture on Sunday. I bought a leather couch and chair/ottoman. It should be delivered sometime after the 24th. Yippee!! I also found a new shower curtain. It is embroidered with shoes and purses and dresses. I got the matching curtain holders that have the shoes, purses and dresses on them. I couldn't resist.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Gwen, when you told me about this on Saturday, I thought you meant the jar of pickle relish broke, not the shelf! That's so much worse! Additional condolences.

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sorry you had such a bad weekend! Packed yet? At least you have priorities, Yeah shopping!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home