Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Look at me Sock Pal!!!

First things, an sockapalooza update. Tada. The finished pumpkin socks!!!

On my happy feet!!!

This is made from some orangey/brownish variegated Trekking XXL on size 2 needles. The pattern is a mock-rib cable. So, now all I have to do is get them into the mail a little bit before the 9/15 deadline so I'm not a deadbeat pal.

So, the parentals are back from their Alaskan cruise. My mother has finally found a way to travel that she enjoys. They checked in their bags in St. Louis, turned them over to the cruise people, they arrived in their room. They put their bags outside their room on the ship and they magically reappeared back in St. Louis. I will say that my mom knows my sister and I very well. Instead of cheesy tourist t-shirts, my sister and I got jewelry. Isn't it beautiful?

Isn't it beautiful? Hematite necklace and earrings. Very cool. Literally. You put it on it on and it's so cold agains your skin, but soon warms up. Lindsay got a stuffed moose.

The yarn washing experiment with the Webs cone yarn did not yield the desired results. Rinsed yarn and washed yarn feel pretty much the same, so instead of ripping out all my work on the Bistro shirt, I'm going to continue. So, here is a picture so far. I decided to do it in the round rather than as two separate pieces simply because I hate to seam. This way only the shoulder seams to do. So, I've got the slip stitch ribbing finished and about 3 inches of the body.

Stitches Midwest Count down
10 days...7 working days

5 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger alison said…

    Very nice! Congrats on being all done.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Those socks are great! I want some too, and I don't even like orange. I would have nothing to wear them with, and I still want them. Very cool.

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Oh yeah, and sorry the whole "yarn washing" thing didn't work out. It's gotta be better than how it came off the cone, though, right? I guess that's what we get for $15.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness, I LOVE those socks! They are so orangey delicious. Great job!

    -Sarah G.
    http://www.msu.edu/~goupellm/Personal/Sarah/And%20She%20Knits.htm

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger tammy said…

    Beautiful socks! Love the colours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home