Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, July 25, 2005

It's so freakin hot...

I'm sick of it. Ugghh. It's 84 degrees at 7am when I left for work this morning. I was sweating 5 steps out the door. I tried to go furniture shopping this weekend, but only went to two places. Getting back in the car was murder. Too hot to go in and out like that. Worst of all, it's not even August yet. I'm going spend the next 5 weeks inside. Should get some knitting done at least.

So, instead of working on projects that I've got going, this is what I did this evening.

Yes, a watermelon dishcloth. I just started knitting without a pattern. It's even got yarnover seeds...

Here's another view. I just started knitting, adding in yarn overs, straight knitting rows. I think I'd change the yarnovers if I ever did it again and space them differently and put them every row instead of every other row. It's kind of ruffled, but it's a learning experience and it's just a dishcloth, so it's all good. It's to go in a gift basket for a co-worker with breast cancer. They've been sending her gift baskets every other week. Her kitchen is done in watermelons, so I just went with it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home