Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I have finally been seduced by the Knitpicks laceweight merino dyeable wool. I have been toying with buying some more yarn every since the "Party to Dye for" earlier this year. More fun fingeringweight yarn to make into socks and such, maybe some worsted weight for the Clapotis or something similar. I've been resisting, telling myself my yarn money should be spent on Stitches (12 days and counting...), but today, today I got the e-mail from knitpicks about the laceweight and I have given in. I must have some.

I'm into the lace craze. The ponchos just passed me buy, but shawls, not that's something I can get behind. I bought "A Gathering of Lace" I must have yarn to make at least one of the shawls, so I broke down and ordered: For myself
3 skeins fingering weight - One of which will by dyed as a gift for my Sockapal2za pal.
5 skeins of the laceweight yarn.

For my aunt
3 skeins laceweight
1 skein fingerweight

I was originally only going to buy the 9 skeins required to get the free shipping, but I figured what the heck, I was ordering anyway...

I restarted the Bistro Shirt this evening after the yarn finally dried after the washing it all. It's softer and easier to use now. I started it in the round this time on Donna's suggestion. Haven't gotten very far because I forgot to convert the directions to circular when starting, so I purled 145 stitches instead of knitting them. Frogged it. Worked 1 row okay, missed a slipped stitch in the slip stitch rib pattern and had to tink it back to fix. Accidently knitted two stitches together 4 stitches into the pattern and had to tink it back. Uggh. It became almost a vendatta. Pictures after I get farther, because it sure as heck doesn't look like much now.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Speaking of Kool-Aid dyed yarn, did you see the sock Allena is doing for sockapal2za? It's made of Kool-Aid dyed Knit-Picks yarn and looks totally awsome. The link is on yesterday's post on the Blue Blog.

    -Suzie

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Teri said…

    I've been thinking of getting that KnitPicks laceweight too. I'm planning on having a KC Knitters dyeing party at my house in a couple of months and want to try it out. You'll have to let me know if you think it's worth it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home