Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Done for another year...

Today was it. Everything is turned in, it was a rough couple of days with a couple of issues that bubbled up at the 11th hour, but everything is entered in, everything adds up to what it's supposed to and we made it in by the deadline!!!! One huge honking part of my yearly job is completed. On time, correctly and without bloodshed, even better. I can relax now and get back to bugging people to death to get stuff done for me. :-) This is always the most stressful part of my year and without a leader, all the more difficult this year. I was done about 3:30 and was going to leave, but I ended up talking to several people and teaching someone how to use a computer program so I didn't leave until after 5pm and had to deal with ballgame traffic. Yuck.

So, tonight, I had a glass of wine and finally finished the crochet edging on the soleil tank and then wove in the hundred million ends. Is it just me or do ends just seem to multiply when you're knitting something??? It just needs to be blocked, but I'm too tired to deal with that tonight, so it will await for another day.











I also started the Bistro tank with the Rowan Summer Tweek. So far, I'm still working on the slip stitch ribbing at the bottom edge. It was a pain to cast on, but now it's working with me.

See, not much to see yet, but I felt some forward progress was better. I still love the color. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll be able to finish this by Stitches so I will have two things that I have knit to wear. Besides, I have to use some of the yarn I bought last year in order justifying buying more this year. :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The tank looks amazing! I absolutely love the color, too. I want to see it up close and in person sometime soon.
    Jenn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home