Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Now I know why I don't crochet...

...my wrist is sore from going around just one arm hole of the Soleil tank. Of course, it would have been easier if my stitches hadn't been so tight. We will all bow down to the wonderful Beth who taught me to crochet last night.

So, I must relay the saga of my new yarn. I took it right home on Tuesday night and wound a skein of the Classic Elite Premiere into a ball (with my new ball winder, of course!) and when I met up with the knitting posse on Wednesday night, proceeded to do this:
Yes, it is the Ruffles scarf from the Scarf Style book. Even better, I was working on it this evening and I taught myself to purl backwards so I don't have to keep turning the work. Hurrah me!! It goes lots faster this way. I also have to admit that I love this yarn. It is so soft and so easy to knit with. It's just wonderful. I almost feel like I should go buy more, but am restraining myself because it will cut into my yarn budget for Stitches Midwest, and we wouldn't want to do that. :-)

So, Harry Potter release is fast coming upon us. I got an e-mail that my book is being shipped. Yeah!!! I have a feeling since I did the free shipping it won't be here on Saturday, but "oh well," reading it would have cut into my knitting time this weekend anyway...

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, Harry Potter release is fast coming upon us. I got an e-mail that my book is being shipped. Yeah!!! I have a feeling since I did the free shipping it won't be here on Saturday,

    Same here. My free shipping fom Amazon is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.

    I figure Jenn will be able to read it by Thursday night. :)

    Eric

     

Post a Comment

<< Home