Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

How quickly one forgets...

It's been awhile since I've done a sock cuff down. Since last summer, I've been obsessed with toe-up socks. So, for some reason, I decided to do my Sockapal2za sock cuff down. Been awhile, but I made quite a few before I went over to the dark side. So, I was happily knitting along. It was about 11pm, but I wasn't tired. I was watching watching the Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, which is a very bizarre movie, but one that didn't require a lot of concentration, so I was able to follow the yarn-over cable pattern. I moved onto the heel flap...did about 10 rows of the heel flap and then took a minute to look at the heel. Something was wrong. It looked really funny... I looked at my heel flap...thought long and hard...looked at the heel flap...consulted the directions (which I should have done in the first place instead of assuming I "remembered" how to do it). Yes, for some odd reason, maybe the lateness of the hour, maybe watching Bill Murray on his quest for the jaquar shark, but I had been slipping my stitches with the yarn on the wrong side. Oops... Needless to say I had to put it aside for the evening. I spent the first hour of Knitting with the Posse tinking my heel flap back and then redoing it. Ugghhh...

Moral of the story - Read Direction!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Teri said…

    The true moral of the story is: Stick with toe-ups!

    LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home