Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Crochet instructor needed!!!!

So, this morning, I went grocery shopping. I put everything away in it's proper place (i.e. all the earrings are in the jewelry box, not on the dresser). I vacuumed. I swept. I did laundry. I washed. I dried. I laundered. I dusted????? All before noon???? Where is Gwen and who is this person inhabiting her body. I even cleaned all the pollen off the window sill, which involved moving a heavy couch all by myself... What on earth got into me today. Maybe it was the Chicken and Dumplings lovingly prepared for by my sister for my mom's birthday instead of my normal fast food/sandwich eating lifestyle. Whatever, I scared myself with the cleaning frenzy. The last time I did that was after I was home sick and watched the Oprah show where the woman was on that hadn't cleaned her house in forever and the dogs were doing their business all over. Ickk!!! I had to sanitize my house after that and it was pretty clean. Even weirder, after all that, I didn't even take a nap this afternoon and it was a Sunday...

So, what was so all engrossing this afternoon that kept me awake, you might ask... Why see for yourself!!!
Yeah!!! It's the Soleil tank and the knitting part is completed. She is unblocked and missing the single crochet edge at the armholes and neckline, but she's close to finished and most importantly, it fits me!!!!!! It doesn't look half bad either. My weird, mathematically confusing way of altering it to my size actually worked!!!! I'm so excited. I'm also on the lookout for a crochet instructor so I can finish it. Yipee!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Never fear. If you can wait until Wednesday, I can get you started. It's really simple. I bet you can figure it out if you find some instructions somewhere. It looks great, by the way!

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gwen,

    The tank looks fantastic! You'll have to share your weird math sometime, because I really want to figure out how to re-size patterns myself!

    Anyway, check out this link to learn how to do a single crochet: http://crochet.about.com/library/bl_singlecrochet.htm. As a crocheter, I think the pictures are pretty good and the text makes sense.

    Good luck, and I'd really like to see the finished product in person!!!

    Jenn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home