Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Thanksgiving

In honor of the holiday...

This year, I am thankful for:

My family, who has always supported me, even when they think that I'm slightly off my rocker.

For my new niece, yet unborn, I can't wait to welcomer her to the world.

My friends, who like me just as I am. Not thinner, not taller, not more normal, because each and everyone is just as a little left of normal as well. (Of course, we could be the normal ones, isn't that a scary thought???) Who let me vicariously enjoy their fun babies/toddlers and then take them home with them when they get cranky, crabby, hungry or dirty. You're great parents, god bless you.

The Wednesday night knitters (enablers?) for advising, teaching, sympathizing, oohing, aahing, encouraging and for being there every wednesday night (except holidays of course).

For my great new job (does it stop being new after a year?) that even though it may at times be frustrating pays me more money (Hurrah), is different every day and has offered me many challenges and they have continued to trust me with more responsibility (Yeah!).

To the brave women who operate independent yarn stores, especially those that provide comfy couches and biscotti.

Beth - for teaching me to knit.

To the person who invented the Twix bar, by far, the most perfect of candy bars. Chocolate, carmel, cookie crunch. Yum!

Cashmere!!! Need I say more?

BNL - who made Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young into a Christmas Song.

The plethura of "Perfect" convertible days this year in the often-times changeable St. Louis weather (beware, I define a "perfect" converitble day as between 55 and 90 degrees celcius and sprinkling - They put a heater and air conditioner in it and if you drive fast enough, you can't feel the sprinkling...)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Gwen, I'm thankful for you, too! I could never have imagined what teaching would bring to me, and how far you would have taken it. Whenever you are able to answer someone else's question I'm so proud of you, even if it's not something I taught you because I think it's important to not only be taught but to be taught to learn more, and you've done both of those things and made them your own and now you can pass them along.

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Blu486 said…

    Hum - upon careful consideration - I wonder if I need to be riding with you in the convertible - especially if "perfect weather" falls between 55 and 90 degrees CELCIUS - since 100 C is boiling ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home