Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, November 22, 2004

A season for Charity

The STL knitting guild's holiday luncheon is coming up, so I've starting knitting for the St. Louis Crisis Nursery. I'm into scarves at the moment, so I dipped into my stash and made this garter rib scarf in a Turqoise from some Lion brand yarn.


I have a few more weeks before the lunch, so I decided I would make a second scarf in pink for a girl. This one is done out of some ancient acrylic yarn that is surprisingly soft from my great aunt's yarn that I've inherited.

Other than that, I've finished the first skein of yarn on my Ruffle scarf. I'll get a picture soon of that. It's looking better since I switched to bigger needles (Thanks Beth!).

It was so hard to be at work today. Everyone has that pre-holiday "I don't want to work" attitude. Unfortunately, there is a ton to do. The morning was great. I listened to BNL's Barenaked for Christmas on the way to work this morning. It was a great day. Everyone was in a good mood and then, yes, at 2:30 pm, all hell broke loose. UGGHHHH!!!! Just one decent day. Thankfully, I only have to work tomorrow and then I'm off for the rest of the holiday. I'm going to catch up on all my knitting projects that I've been neglecting, most importantly, the striped socks that I have decided would be great to debut at the company bowling outing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home