Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Early flu sighting...

Yes, I fell victim to a 24 hour stomach flu. That to me is the worst. I can take a cold, even the ones where your head feels like it's as big as the room and every sound is magnified 100 times and you feel as if every breath is your last. I'm okay with that, the sneezing, wheezing and coughing. I can do all that. Being sick to my stomach turns me into the biggest baby in the world. I woke up not feeling well. I thought I would feel better after I took a shower. I should have known the end was near when I had to rest after putting my pants on, after putting a shirt on and had to lay back down after bending over to put on socks. I made in an hour at work before I had to come home. Took my temperature and I was running a fever, so now in addition to feeling as if last nights dinner was going to make a reappearance, was huddled under a blanket and can't get warm. Being the wonderful employee I am, decided to dial in on a conference call, which I fell asleep on. Woke up for the end of the call and prayed I hadn't been snoring or something else undignified. Needless to say, spent the rest of the day in bed. When I was finally feeling better in the evening, I started this...

a scarf for the St. Louis Knitting Guild's Holiday party to give away to the Crisis care nursury. Not a good picture, but it's this dark turquoise color. I have some pink yarn and I might make another for a girl since I have time.

Today was a good day. I was still feeling a little fragile this morning. But, wait for it, I got a bonus. Yes, my hard work has been rewarded, and even better news, it should be enough to pay the personal property taxes on my car so I don't have to use my savings or cut into my x-mas budget. Hurrah!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home