Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Ruffle Scarf Day #1



Yes, above we have the beginning of a great thing. It is the famous Ruffle Scarf from the new Scarf Style book. Does the yarn look familiar you ask?? Why yes, it was the Lama Seta yarn I bought with the fuzzy Amelie yarn thinking I would use them together on a scarf. It has become a scarf of it's own. Of course, I'm going to have to buy more of it. I would be a lot further along, but I had to frog the thing after I had about two inches done when I discovered that I had ignored the K1 after the Knit the wrap and stitch together. Which left some rather funny looking holes in the middle and I kept looking at the picture and looking at the scarf and looking at the picture and then looking at the scarf. Finally I reread the directions and realized I had missed that little K1. Makes a big difference. It looks a lot better.

I also stitched up the Blue Baby Einstein sweater tonight and bought some buttons. More Beatrix Potter buttons. This time a goose with a scarf around it's neck the same color as the turquoise yarn. I'll show pictures after I put the buttons on. I washed and it's in the process of drying now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home