Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, November 08, 2004

Big Hoorah for me...


Look what's finished!!! Well, the knitting anyway. Yes, it is the Baby Einstein sweater for the baby shower this weekend and it's only monday. Did I mention that I took a walking tour of The Hill (Italian neighborhood in St. Louis for the non-natives), and spent Sunday driving back and forth to Columbia, MO???? Yes, great things can be achieved. I used that Bernat Cotton Tots yarn. I won't be using that again. What a pain. It was cut off and joined by a knot in 6 different places in one skein. Ugghhh.

So, more about my walking tour. What fun. It was the perfect day. It was in the 60s. We started out at a Tapas restaurant (not italian) for drinks and appetizers. Mmm... Then we went walking. We went into the catholic church, which was very beautiful and looked more like a church in Europe with the Saints and the stained glass and the plaques from people who donated the saints, etc. We went into the italian grocers. Definitely going back there. We learned to placy bocce ball at Milos. Again more drinks. Are we seeing a theme?? We ended the evening with dessert at Zia's. It had to be the biggest and best tiramisu I have ever had. We, of course, had to have dinner on the hill, because we'd been walking by the restaurants all day and smelling the wonderful smells, so we ended up a Favazza's. Which was okay, but I still prefer my favorite Cunetto's.

So, the mystery of my sore tooth has been solved. I have "bruised the membrane" on my tooth and it will take several weeks to heal. In the meantime, I will be very sensitive to cold and experience mild soreness. What a pain. All because I bit too hard on a carrot. Who would have thought.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Teri said…

    Looks cute!

    Oh and I love the tiramisu at Zia's...you're making me homesick for St. Louis!

     
  • At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It gave me ideao about gift for my sister's daughter. Great work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home