Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Punishment

Take one afternoon off to go to the dentist because your tooth is killing you and what happens??? The world comes to an end. Now, I work for an employer that gives you laptops, so like a good little girl, I went home from the dentist, called my voicemail (no messages) and logged on. I had 15 e-mails, but nothing serious. I worked on a report that I needed to get done, periodically refreshing the e-mail. Still nothing. Around 5pm, I decided it was time to close up shop and make some dinner. Checked e-mail one last time. Checked voicemail one last time and put it out of my mind so I could knit the baby Einstein. Go to work this morning, it's going to be a great day. There's a management retreat out of town, so I should get a lot of work done. Nope...all hell broke loose at 5:05pm. I had 13 voicemails and 36 e-mails about the same thing when I came in this morning. Did someone die you ask? Did a plane fall out of the sky with the executives?? No. I needed to find someone to fly to IA on the 6:30 flight to spend one day in IA. Killing small children you ask??? No, but something a 10 year old could do. You would think I was asking people to cut off their left arm!!! UGHHHH!!! Major headache!!! As if the toothache wasn't enough of a punishment.

I do owe an apology to my dentist. I thought he was pulling one over on me with the bruised membrane on my tooth, but was talking to one of my co-workers who had the same thing happen last year. She did say rather than the 2-3 weeks to heal, it could take months. Even better new, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home