Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day Headache

Day 2 of the migraine that won't go away. Ugghhh! At least it's been bearable today. The light isn't killing me. Thank god this doesn't happen very often.

I voted this morning. Stood in line for 45 minutes in the dark misty morning. I've been watching election coverage this evening as I've been working on the 5+ day baby blanket. It's addicting. I'm sitting here watching election results. With 5% of the precincts reports so-and-so has been declared the winner. I don't understand how with such a low percentage of votes counted they can call it. Especially when these races are 52% to 48%??? I got a minor in polictical science and I still don't understand this. They called Missouri a Bush state with only 38% of the precincts reporting and him winning by 52%. Does that mean votes from only 38% of the citizens in Missouri count?? In Florida, they're counting all the votes even though it appears Bush is winning by a wider margin. I'm not getting this. It was making my headache come back again. I had to turn it off. I'm going to go to bed blissfully ignorant of who is the next president and who's the next Govenor of Missouri. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen at this point, so there's no point in watching them agonize over each second. Although, what I'd really like to happen is some of these states that they've already called the elections in with less than 50% of precincts to turn it around and then the media would look stupid again. Whatever happened to the media was going to "take is slower this year?" This is the end of my political rant for the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home