Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, October 29, 2004

I'm on a man hunt...

Yes, it finally came. The dreaded invitation to the company holiday party. The day every single girl without a boyfriend dreads. I have 3 weeks to either come up with a date or RSVP for one, the sure sign of a loser. Now, you could sit there and say, RSVP for 2 and mabye you'll find a date closer to the party, but no, my employer is sneakier than that. You must provide the name for your date. Yes, indeed. Not only will I be going alone, but they decided last year that it would be better to have assigned seating so everyone could network with others in the company. So odds are, my little single self will be sitting alone with strangers. Strangers and their wives/dates. What could be better than that I ask you??? Did I forget that it's formal wear too. So, must buy expensive uncomfortable dress, to sit alone at a table with strangers. Now, why couldn't I just stay home you ask??? Unfortunately, did that last year and got away with it because I had only started 2 weeks before the party, but my absence was noted and remembered because everyone is asking "You're going to be there this year Gwen, won't you???" "It'll be lots of fun Gwen." So, staying home, not really an option. The only thing I can look forward to is buying new shoes to go with my new dress.

UGGHHHH!!! Anyone know the number for Rent-a-Date???

1 Comments:

  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Who says you have to take a boy? Take me! I'm fun! Of course, it's generally known that you can dress me up but you can't take me out, so I don't know what's more embarrassing, being alone or being with me. I guess it depends on how much booze is around. Hee!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home