Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, October 25, 2004

Hurrah!!! I became a ring memeber!

Finally, I could join the Knittingbloggers ringer!! So I guess I should write something exciting about knitting. Don't really have anything exciting. I don't even have pictures of my new yarn. All I can do is dream of it until Wednesday when I can pick it up from Beth. I've been trying to consol myself by petting the Cascade Indulgence yarn (that I still haven't found a pattern for), but it's just not the same. Of course, if I had the other yarn, it would already be a scarf, so this is all a moot point, but a girl can dream can't she.

I've hit an all time low. All of my friends have to quit having babies. I have 5 baby items, 2 pairs of socks and a scarf on needles. I have a baby blanket, 2 baby Einsteins sweaters, a baby hat and baby mitts. For 5 different people. Then I need to get on with the hats I'm going to make for my boss's twins for their birthday November 5th. The hat is for an already born baby, so I should finish it. Baby Einstein #2 is for a baby shower on 11/14, so it can wait. Baby Einstein #1 is for a friendand baby is due 11/16 so it can wait. The mitts are an x-mas gift so they'll be last and the baby blanket is for 11/8. So, where should I draw the line, hats for boss's twins # 1, baby blanket #2, but then where does that leave the hat for the child already born. Ugggghhh. So confusing. I just want to be done with it all. Then, I'm done making baby stuff, so hear this, no one else I know is allowed to have a baby. Gwen's law.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gwen, I feel your pain. I have three friends & one cousin who are all having babies. I love making gifts for people, but I am beginning to wonder when I'm going to get to make a sweater for my son & a new scarf for me!
    Kelly

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi - I just stumbled upon your site through the knitbloggers ring. I love the title of your blog (says a fellow shoe maven). My sympathies on all the baby knitting. I think I'll be at that point in less than 2 years, or sooner, the way all my friends keep talking about reproducing. I've thought to myself that I should start making baby things NOW, so that they won't catch me by surprise!
    Ann
    fidget.prettyposies.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home