Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Playing Hooky and a New Yarn


You can't really appreciate the yumminess of the new yarn from the picture. It's called Amelie. (visions of the french film, which I love come to mind) It's soft and cool to the touch which makes it so yummy. I was a little worried about the fuzziness, so I bought some of the Queensland Llama Seta yarn in the same color, thinking I could use both.


I was playing around with them all evening. Well, okay, half the evening, I was petting the Amelie and envisioning myself sauntering down the Champs Elysee in spring wearing my new scarf. (Yes, I'm having Europe withdrawl. Everyone it work has been going and I haven't been in 4 years now.) Then I actually started to work with it. It calls for a 7 or 8 needle. So I knit up a little alone in garter stitch. No exactly what I was looking for. Added in a strip of the Llama Seta. Not what I was looking for either. Tried the two yarns at the same time in garter, with ladder stitch, with a slight lace pattern. Still haven't come up with exactly what I'm looking for. I've frogged everything and put away for the evening to see if divine guidance strikes me overnight.

I had a wonderful day off work. First, had to go get an emissions test and safety inspection. Got to the DMV at 9am and got my expired plates renewed by 9:30. So, then I had the rest of the day to play. I went to Michaels and Joanne's, again looking for divine guidance. Nothing really struck my fancy. Looking to make a prayer shawl for a co-worker who's husband has non-hodgkins lymphona. Then I came home and logged in to work (bad Gwen it was a vacation day). Met my mom for lunch and went to our favorite place and had lemon meringue pie. The women's exchange is the best place in the world for lunch. Great salad and the best lemon meringue pie. It's tart. These days too many people make their pies sweet. Lemons aren't sweet. They're tart. If you want sweet, make something else. After lunch, we went to Homegoods and I got a new knitting bag. My other one had fallen apart and what I was using, too small. Again, bright pink with a map of paris on it (see the withdrawl is creeping up again). Anyway, my Scarf Style magazine had come to my Mom's house, so I brought it home and spent an hour looking through it and reading patterns. I'm probably going to end up making 1 or 2 in the near future. Still in love with the ruffled scarf. Anyway, wasn't too bad for my day of hooky.
2 yarns

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home