Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

I must be getting old...

for I have forgotten just about everything today. I went to the new knitting store, Knitorious today to keep Beth company and sit on their very comfortable chairs and knit. Of course, they had some new yummy yarn. It's called Amelie and it was so yummy. So, I bought some in a pale pink color to make myself a short scarf along with some lama yarn in the same color because Amelie is kind of fuzzy and I think I'll have to mix it with something else to make it less fuzzy. Anyway, the point of the story is, that yes, Gwen forgot her gorgeous new yarn at the store as she rushed out to get to her sister's second baby shower. And of course I discover this as I'm racing down the highway with my convertible top down. If I go back, I'll be late for my sister's baby shower. If I don't go back, I can't play with my yarn until Wednesday when I see Beth (who is very graciously taking care of it for me until knit night). So I proceeded on to the shower and I sit here blogging instead of playing with my new yarn. I can't even have it sit on my lap as I blog about it. I feel the loss with every fiber of my being. I hope my sister appreciates this greatly.

Well, one good thing about going to the shower, I won one of the shower games. I won some new kitchen towels, which I desperately need because the Blues Rally towels from 2 years ago are starting to look gross. The towels were pretty cute. They have cherries on them. Guess where they are??? Yep. You've got it. I left them at the shower. Score for Gwen on remember absolutely nothing today.

In other news, I ordered two new knitting books from our good friends at Overstock.com. The first is shown below.


I saw so many scarves I wanted to make, not only for myself, but for x-mas gifts. There is this totally cool Ruffle scarf that I can't wait to make. The minute it arrives, I will abandon the long suffering Faina's scarf, the Baby Einstein, the baby blanket and both pairs of socks to try it. I also go the new Last Minute Knitted Gifts book. It had some really good stuff after you get past the fact that they included a chapter on under 2 hours with pompoms. Please. But the stuff that takes longer more than makes up for it.

While on overstock, I could not resist ordering, what I'm sure will be the definitive Christmas Album of all time...


Yeah me!!! October's not to early to start listening to X-mas music is it?? I can't wait til it comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home