Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Gee I don't feel so guilty now...

..that I saw Beth's treatise on procrastination. Over the summer I discovered that my air conditioner didn't put out air until you nudged it up to "2." But I thought, what the heck, I have a convertible who needs the air conditioner unless it's really hot and then I'll want it on "2" anyway. Well, now that it's been cold in the morning, I'm slowly discovering the heat doesn't work until it's on "3." Best get it fixed before it's -12 and I have no heat for the 45 minute drive to work.

Goal for the week, find a place to fix heater/air condition issue, fix small divet in windshield before it becomes a big crack, fix bumper from accident in June, fix dent from Accident #2 in June.

I did the fly in and out of Chicago in one day yesterday for work. Flying in a thunderstorm has got to be one of the worst experiences in the world. The turbulence, oh the turbulence. I had to do the deep breathing exercises to keep from puking. Ugghh. Then on the way home, got to the airport early enough to fly stand-by on the 5:30 flight instead of waiting til the 7:40 flight. Bad news, 5:30 flight didn't take off until 6:45. Ugghh. Worst part, spent most of the day locked in a conference room with 5 other people watching one guy format an excel spreadsheet. Has anyone else noticed that more than half of the people around you shut their eyes not only on take off, but also when the plane lands. I can't decide if they're praying for a safe landing/take-off or willing the plane down. Of course, we all have our little flying quirks, I can't sleep because I have this weird fear that the plane will go down while I'm sleeping. Unreasonable??? You betcha. Does that stop me? No. Needless to say, didn't get any knitting on the flight to Chicago and didn't get any done on the way home because I was working on entering information into the aforementioned spreadsheet.

Today was the craziest day. Everyone thinks Monday's are crazy. Nope, I'm swearing by Tuesdays. Sweater still isn't finished. Working on spreadsheet again because it has to be finished by noon tomorrow and crazy day deterred me all day long. I don't think I sat at my desk for more than 15 consecutive minutes until after 5:30pm. Uggh. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home