Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Stitches Midwest 2010

Another Year, another fabulous time at Stitches, but first, here's a sock made from the Tidepool colorway I spun up courtesy of my fine blog readers.
I love, love, love it. The striping looks very cool and natural.

I took one class at Stitches, Bohus Stickning. It was fantastick! I recomend it highly to anyone. And below is my project, a wristlet in the Blue Shimmer pattern with the real angora/wool yarn from Sweden.
I'm going to turn it into a cuff for a glove. Anything that beatiful deserves to be something that I would actually wear, so I bought some blue alpaca/wool yarn from Denmark at the market, pictured below that I'm going to use to do the glove part. Yeah me. I spent last night dreaming of how I would turn it into a glove.
So, onto what you're really interested in...the haul
Pictured above:
Top Row:
A niddy Noddy finally
Red Polar Knit - Polar Fleece yarn. How fun! Soon to be a hat for a nephew if there's enough, or a baby.
Middle Row:
1 Skein Woodbrook from Creatively Dyed yarns in the Benchley colorway
1 Skein Sea Spcl fom Dragonfly Fibers in Red Maple colorway
Mission Falls Silhouette pattern book
2 Skeins Isager 2 Yarn with my Bohus kit
Lower Row
3 key dots
1 package of Stitch Dots

And then there's the fiber (because you know I didn't buy that little...)
So, going across:
Tryst colorway of Miss Babs Merino/Bamboo/Tussah Silk
Enchanted Colorway of Dragonfly Fibers Merino Silk
Old Bay colorway of Miss Babs Merino/Bamboo/Tussah Silk
Mocha BFL From Feeling Ewe
Forbidden City Colorway of Liza Souz's Merino Silk
Gwendolyn Colorway of Miss Babs BFL - Of course I had to buy this!
Across the bottom - Merino Seacell mixture from Creatively Dyed
And the green package in the middle is 1 oz of Soy Silk from Village Spinning and weaving
Whew, my credit card and I are tired. I did have a great time, thanks to my good friends Beth, Colleen and Jenn. Good Friends are the best!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home